Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saturday Night Wings!


We had some chicken wings in the freezer that I wanted to use up, so I searched various sources (blogs, cookbooks, and recipe websites) for a suitable recipe. I found this one on someone's blog and printed it, but I can't remember which blog it was from. If you read this and it sounds familiar, please leave a comment and I'll credit you! This recipe was great-the wings crisped up nicely and tasted great. I wrapped my baking sheets with 3 layers of foil to avoid any spills. This made clean-up really easy!
Ingredients:
24 Chicken Wings, Split (the ones we had were already split)
1 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
2 tsp. Hot Sauce
2 tsp. Ground Ginger
4 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
Directions:
Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a medium bowl, mix ingredients and pour over the chicken reserving approximately 1/2 cup to brush on wings while baking. Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a foil-lined baking sheet, arrange chicken in a single layer (I used 2 baking sheets). Bake in the preheated oven approximately 60-75 minutes brushing with remaining marinade mixture often and turning the wings once.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like it will also be one of my favorites. I am going to purchase everything I need to make it. I can't wait. The salmon and rice also look delicious and I am looking forward to also making it. Why don't you publish a cook book.