I had some red potatoes and some half & half that I wanted to use up, so I decided to make a creamy potato soup...and it was DELICIOUS! I made my own recipe too, so was super impressed! This made a huge pot and I can imagine the leftovers will taste even better.
I added the following to a large dutch oven: 8 red potatoes, washed & diced (I left the skins on), 1 large diced onion, 1 stick butter, 4 Cans Chicken Broth, Salt, Pepper, Minced Onion (dried), and Minced Garlic (dried). Cover and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add 2 Cups Half & Half, 4 Cups Milk and 1 Cup Frozen Corn-simmer on low until warm. I used a potato masher and partially mashed the potatoes-just to give a nice creamy consistency.
While the soup was cooking, I cooked 8 slices of bacon for garnish.
Ladle into bowls-top with bacon bits & shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
3 comments:
This is going to be my supper tonight. Looks easy to make and delicious and I have all the ingredients. Mmmmmmmmmm
Oooh, that looks really tasty Nicole! I've starred it on my reader to make some time soon!
I made your creamy red potato soup yesterday and it was delicious, It made a huge pot. everyone loved it. It was so easy to make. Can't wait to see what you made this weekend.
Post a Comment