For Sage's 16th Birthday, I asked him what kind of cake he would like me to make for him. He decided chocolate with peanut butter frosting, which was great for me since it's my favorite (thank you Sage)!! I decided to try the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake that everyone raves about. It definitely lived up to it's reputation-it was chocolately, moist and simply delicious!
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:
2 Cups Sugar
1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Hershey's Cocoa
1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Boiling Water
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl (I opted to use my handy dandy Kitchen-Aid Mixer!). Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. 10-12 servings.
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 T Milk, or as needed
2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
Directions:
Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer (again, I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer). Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes to get it good and fluffy.
Happy Birthday Sage!
1 comment:
Happy 16th Birthday Sage, You have great taste as I too Love chocolate cake with peanut butter its my favorite. It looks delicious and I can't wait to make it for myself.
Post a Comment