It was a crisp Autumn day so I decided that Chicken & Dumplings would be yummy...and I was right! This was quick & easy and so good. I'm quite proud of myself that I didn't even use a recipe..GO ME! I forgot to take a picture though-bummer.
Chicken & Dumplings
In a large dutch oven, saute 4 diced chicken breasts in about 2 T Olive Oil. Add 1 diced onion and cook until chicken is no longer pink (adding salt & pepper to taste). Add 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1/2 cup frozen corn and 3 diced potatoes. Add about 3 cups of chicken broth or until the chicken & veggies are covered. Simmer until potatoes are cooked through. Add 1 can of mushrooms. Mix 2 cups of Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking Mix (or Bisquick) with 1 cup of milk. Drop by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Cover dutch oven and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Enjoy!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment