I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, www.annieseats.wordpress.com. We love white chicken chili, so I figured I should give this one a shot. I am glad that I did-we loved it! In fact, my husband decided that he likes this version even better than the one I usually make! This chili is very creamy-so good! I made a few changes, such as 3 fresh poblano chiles in place of the canned chiles. And I used my new dutch oven-love it!
White Bean Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ -inch cubes (I used 4 breasts)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. oil
2 (15.5 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (I used cannelini)
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth (I used 2.5 cups of stock)
2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chiles (I used 3 large poblano chiles, sliced)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
½ cup whipping cream (I used whole milk)
fresh cilantro and paprika, for garnish (we were out of cilantro, but I garnished with shredded cheddar cheese)
Directions:
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chiles and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and whipping cream. Sprinkle with paprika and top with fresh cilantro for garnish, if desired.
1 comment:
I have never had white bean chili but want to try it, it sounds amazing!
Post a Comment