
I found this recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ and decided to try it out. It sounded delicious and it definitely was! I will be making this one again...
Refreshing Summer Orzo Salad
Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) package Orzo pasta
1-1/2 T Butter ( I left this out as it wasn't necessary)
1/4 C EVOO
1-1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 C Pine Nuts
1 C Pitted Kalamata Olives
1 (2 oz) Jar Capers, with liquid
12 oz. Basil-Flavored Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 (10 oz) Bag Fresh Spinach Leaves, chopped
1 T Lemon Juice (I used lime)
Directions:
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic softens and the aroma mellows, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and pine nuts. Cook and stir until the pine nuts have toasted to a light golden brown.
3. Stir the pine nut mixture into the orzo along with the olives, capers, feta cheese, spinach, and lemon juice. Serve either warm or cold, but it's better the next day.
I had this both warm and cold-it was FANTASTIC either way. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Mmm.... Orzo and spinach is one of my fave combos! This looks great!
The orzo totally burned the bottom of my pan! I've never cooked it before, and thought the small amount of liquid was strange...are you supposed to lower the heat to low after bringing it to a boil? Us novices learn the hard way. :( Thanks for sharing though!
I just tasted the finished product though, and it might be worth losing a pot for! :) Would love to know how to cook the pasta the correct way, if you wouldn't mind sharing - I'd like to make it again. Thanks!
Post a Comment