Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes


My absolute favorite appetizer recipe of all time has got to be the Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes from The Cheesecake Factory. They are sweet and oh so good. I found this recipe on http://www.recipezaar.com/207220 and thought I'd give it a try. They turned out exactly like my favorite ones! The only problem with this recipe is that it only made 8 or so, so my darling husband ate most of them. Next time I plan to double it-or maybe triple depending on the mood!

Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

Ingredients:

1-1/2 C Frozen Sweet Corn

1 Stick Butter, softened

3 T Sugar

1/8 tsp. Salt (I just used a pinch since the butter is salted-this one's for you, Sage!)

1/2 C Masa Harina (corn flour)

2 T All-Purpose Flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop 1 C frozen corn in processor (I used ice crush on a blender) until it's coarsely pureed. Combine pureed corn with softened butter, sugar, and salt (I used my KitchenAid Mixer for this part). Blend well with mixer until smooth. Add masa and flour and blend well. Mix in remaining 1/2 C frozen corn by hand. Measure 1/2 cup portions and form into 3 inch wide patties. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Carefully flip all cakes and bake an additional 5-7 minutes until browned.

Serve with Sour Cream, Salsa, Salsa Verde & Guacamole if desired. Enjoy! (we sure did)

1 comment:

alicia said...

FYI - Did you make a typo?
the recipe at recipezaar indicated 1/2 stick of butter instead of whole stick. Also, one of the reviewers there said they used only half of that and it was still good.