Sunday, March 2, 2008

Healthy (but Yucky) Muffins!


So, I had printed this recipe quite a while back, but once again I don't remember where I got it though. I had some cranberries and a couple of apples that I needed to use so I thought this would be the perfect recipe. Plus, I have had this outrageous sweet tooth lately and thought this would be a great healthy alternative. Boy, was I ever wrong. These muffins were horrible. Anand said he thought, overall, the muffins were good, but the cranberries were too bitter. Even our daughters spit them out! I was going to send some home with Mom & Dad but forgot (believe me, you'll thank me later!) so there will be 10 "Healthy Muffins" in our trash can tonight-unless I decide to bring them to work for more opinions! I'll take corn muffins (or chocolate chip) any day, thank you!

Healthy Muffins

Ingredients:

1 Egg

3/4 C Milk

3 T Oil

1/2 C Sugar

1 Medium Apple, peeled & chopped

1 C Cranberries

1 C Oats

1 C Whole Wheat Flour

1/4 tsp. Salt

1 T Baking Powder

1/2 tsp. Nutmeg

2 tsp. Cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Beat egg, milk, oil and sugar. Stir in apples & cranberries. Combine dry ingredients and stir in with the wet mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes bring them in the office we eat anything that doesn't move. If it were up to me I would rather have the chicken as it looks very yummy can you bring that in with the muffins. I want to be your taste tester.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wildermirth said...

Feel free to come by and feed them to the goat and chickens.

Anonymous said...

They were a hit at work. Everyone loved them.