Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Cookware!




We have been wanting to get some new cookware for a while now. The cookware we had was nonstick and had little flakes coming off on the bottom-not good! So, I did some research trying to find something that was nice, but not so expensive that if something happened to it I'd be devastated! Then, I saw Rachael Ray's hard anodized cookware and fell in love. It's a good weight (not flimsy, but no so heavy I can't pick it up), fairly inexpensive, and the selling point for me: the orange handles! Our kitchen is a tangerine color, so it coordinates well. Rach's cookware was a good fit for me because she actually got me cooking more! I used to get intimidated with cooking and was unsure of my capabilities, but after watching 30 Minute Meals on Food Network I gained some confidence. I'll admit it-Rachael is a bit much these days with her gazillion shows on food network, her talk show, her multiple endorsements, etc., but I still love her! And we got a great deal on this set...Amazon had it for $149.99 with a $20.00 rebate and a FREE 3 piece knife set that was valued at $99.99! So, we scooped it up! We got the cookware set today and the knife set is on it's way!

Now I want to get the oval saute pan and oval pasta pot, the silicone tongs, tools, well-I guess the whole line!






Ok-time to figure out what to cook tomorrow night! YAY for new cookware (and YAY for Rachael Ray)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very very nice and the price is unbelievable. This will surely be a hot seller. So what did you cook in it so far? love them they are beautiful and the handles are the best.

Wildermirth said...

Nice, chick!

I have kitchen envy.
With all these great recipes I can't believe you feel unsure about your cooking ability.
How bout you show me some awesome authentic Indian recipes and I make and show you how to make some awesome artisan bread?

m