Monday, March 31, 2008

Dan Dan Noodles



Our friends took us to PF Chang's for dinner a couple of years back-if you've never been to PF Chang's, you HAVE to go (http://www.pfchangs.com/)! I had the Dan Dan Noodles. After finding a recipe on http://www.recipezaar.com/, I thought I'd try recreating it (with my own touches of course). It wasn't as good as PF Chang's, but it was really good!

PF Chang's Copycat Dan Dan Noodles

Sauce Ingredients:

2 oz. Soy Sauce (I used Tamari)

1 oz. Cooking Wine (I used Mirin)

1 tsp. Oyster Sauce

1 tsp. Sugar

7 oz. Chicken Broth

Ingredients:

1 tsp. Oil

1/2 tsp. Chili Paste (I used Chili Oil)

1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic (I used about 1 T)

1/4 C Chopped Green Onions

1Pkg. Ground Chicken (I had Ground Turkey on hand, so used that)

1 Pkg. Cooked Egg Noodles (thin variety)

Garnish:

Bean Sprouts

Julienne Cucumbers

Directions:

1. Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.

2. Heat wok or saute pan. Add 1 tsp. oil, chili oil, garlic and chopped green onion for a few seconds to release flavors.

3. Add ground chicken (or turkey) and break apart until cooked through.

4. Add sauce mixture and simmer for 20 seconds. Add egg noodles to boiling water and cook according to package directions. Remove noodles from water and strain. Move to serving plate.

5. Thicken meat mixture with a mixture of corn starch & water (equal parts). Consistency should be very thick sauce to stand on top of the noodles. Pour over center of noodles.

6. Garnish with bean sprouts, cucumbers, and green onions.

No comments: