So, I thought it would be fitting to use a Rachael Ray recipe for the first time cooking with my new Rachael Ray cookware. I went to www.rachaelray.com and typed in "chicken" and this was literally the first recipe that appeared! It sounded really great, we had some spring mix to use up so I thought why not? I made a couple of minor changes. This dish was fantastic! The seasoning on the chicken was very refreshing.
Chicken Paillard
Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half (or you could pound)
EVOO
2 tsp. Dried Thyme
2 tsp. Dried Parsley
2 Lemons, Zested & Juiced
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
2 T Butter
2 T all-purpose Flour
2 C Chicken Broth
4 C Organic Spring Mix Salad Greens
Directions:
Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with EVOO to just coat. Combine the herbs, salt, pepper, and lemon zest and sprinkle over the chicken. Using your hands, rub the chicken and coat evenly with the seasonings.
Using tongs, transfer chicken to a hot skillet (single layer) and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet, cover with foil and set aside.
Add butter to pan. When the butter melts, add flour to the butter and cook, stirring with a whisk a minute or two to make a light roux. Whisk in chicken broth. When broth thickens to just coat the back of a spoon, remove pan from heat and turn off burner.
Toss salad greens with lemon juice and kosher salt. Drizzle 2 T EVOO around the bowl and re-toss greens (oops...I missed this part).
To serve, cover the bottom of a platter with warm sauce. Top with the salad greens and the chicken cutlets. Drizzle and remaining sauce over top of dish.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Hey, girl.
I misplaced your phone number.
Call me or email. I've got eggs and I'm baking bread today.I'll bring you a loaf if you like.
Monika
395-2149 Please erase.
Post a Comment