Again, I apologize for the horrible picture (come on honey-fix the camera setting, please!). I found this recipe on my favorite baking blog (http://chelley325.wordpress.com/2008/01/24/an-oreo-knockoff/). Chelley found it on Shawnda's blog ( http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/). I knew I had to try these little babies! They were delicious (even after I adapted the recipe based on ingredients I had)!
Imitation OREO (Chewy Chocolate-White Chocolate Chunk) Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2/3 Cup Cocoa (original recipe calls for Dutch Process, but I used Hershey's regular cocoa)
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, room temperature and cubed
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (original calls for dark brown, but I used light brown)
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/3 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips (original calls for chopped white chocolate)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mat (I used parchment but want to get some silicone baking mats!).
Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa and set aside. Beat the butter on medium-high until light and add sugars, creaming well. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk in one batch, mixing well. Add white chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes.
Scoop the dough (I used a Pampered Chef cookie scoop), press down on them slightly and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet and store in an air-tight container (if they last long enough to store!). YUM!!
2 comments:
Oooh yours look great! I hope you enjoy them :)
I stole the recipe the other night. They were AMAZING =]
I'll try to save you a couple ☻
Post a Comment