Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cajun Salmon & Brown Rice Medley




Tonight, my husband cooked dinner. Salmon sounded good, so he added some cajun spices to some salmon fillets and pan sauteed in olive oil and a dab of butter. It was really good! As a side, he cooked up some Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley. This medley consists of long grain parboiled brown rice, black barley, and daikon radish seeds. It's very hearty and tastes good.

We went to my parents' today for lunch. Mom made an 18 bean soup with ground turkey and some freshly baked corn bread. It was delicious! I forgot to bring my camera so unfortunately I don't have any pictures. Since Dad doesn't like beans, she also warmed a turkey stew that my aunt had made-that was good too (yes, I had both!). Mom also made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting-Anand's favorite! Thanks Mom!

No comments: