I found this recipe on http://www.barillaus.com/ and thought I'd give it a try (with a few changes). I had some gemelli & bacon so this sounded perfect! It was delicious!
Gemelli with Bacon & Peas
Ingredients:
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2-1/2 oz. pancetta, chopped (I had bacon on hand, so used that instead)
1 chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T flour
2 C milk
1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed
1-1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
1/3 C chopped fresh basil (I used 1 T dried)
1/4 cup half & half (I omitted this)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 (16 oz.) box Gemelli
Directions:
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta (bacon) and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from skillet; set aside.ADD onion and garlic to skillet; sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in pancetta and flour. Gradually add milk, whisking until blended and slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. ADD peas, 1 cup cheese, basil, half and half, salt and pepper.COOK Gemelli according to package directions; drain and return to pot.ADD sauce mixture to hot Gemelli and toss. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with remaining cheese
Stir in 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel before serving. If sauce is too thick, add additional milk or half & half.
Gemelli with Bacon & Peas
Ingredients:
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2-1/2 oz. pancetta, chopped (I had bacon on hand, so used that instead)
1 chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T flour
2 C milk
1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed
1-1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
1/3 C chopped fresh basil (I used 1 T dried)
1/4 cup half & half (I omitted this)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 (16 oz.) box Gemelli
Directions:
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta (bacon) and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from skillet; set aside.ADD onion and garlic to skillet; sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in pancetta and flour. Gradually add milk, whisking until blended and slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. ADD peas, 1 cup cheese, basil, half and half, salt and pepper.COOK Gemelli according to package directions; drain and return to pot.ADD sauce mixture to hot Gemelli and toss. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with remaining cheese
Stir in 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel before serving. If sauce is too thick, add additional milk or half & half.
No comments:
Post a Comment