Wednesday, May 28, 2008

McQuade's Chutney

I've written before about "Blake Makes" (www.blakemakes.com)-a food blog that you can sign up to be a "Sooper Hero" and Blake and his wife, Bridget have food giveaways. Well, this was my first one and I was "Sooper" excited that I won! This giveaway was for McQuade's Fig & Ginger Chutney. It sounded fabulous to me. In order to be eligible to win, Sooper Heroes had to post a unique way they would use the chutney. Well, I thought it would be perfect for our regular weekend breakfast of Idli and/or Dosa. Idlis are a traditional Indian rice cake and are super yummy! I kept watching my mailbox waiting for this treat to arrive. After a few weeks, I contacted Blake who immediately replied saying he would get in touch with McQuade's to see if it had shipped. I almost immediately got a response from Alison at McQuade's saying it had been shipped a couple of weeks back. She told me she would FedEx a jar of chutney that same day. A day later, my chutney arrived...


Broken. The FedEx guy "dropped it off" literally on the pavement in front of our door. Even with broken glass, it was hard to keep our hands off. It smelled so good and looked so good with plump figs ....aaah. I e-mailed Alison and told her what had happened. She said she would send another jar asap. A few days later, it arrived.


The minute I opened it, my husband opened the jar and ate half of it. Needless to say, the chutney was gone before we got a chance to make Idlis. You MUST try this...it's incredible. Here is the website...check it out!

http://www.mcquadechutneys.com/index.html



Thanks so much, Blake Makes and McQuade's Chutney for this delicious giveaway!

No comments: