Sunday, March 2, 2008

Moroccan Lemon Chicken



I found this recipe quite a while back, I can't remember where I found it though. If it's yours, let me know so I can credit you! This chicken was EXCELLENT! I had 3 chicken breasts that I sliced in half, so I doubled the original recipe. I served this over Trader Joe's Harvest Grain Blend.

Moroccan Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:

1/4 C Flour

Olive Oil

1 Medium Onion, sliced

3 tsp. Cumin

1/2 tsp. Paprika

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

1 C Chicken Broth

Juice of 1 Lemon

10-12 Green Olives, Sliced

1 T Honey

1/2 C Cilantro, chopped

3 Chicken Breasts

Grated Lemon Peel of 1 Lemon

Directions:

1. Slice chicken breasts in half (reducing thickness) or you could pound them if you prefer. Season both sides with salt & pepper. Toss chicken in the flour and shake to remove excess.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add approximately 2 T olive oil. Add the chicken; cook on each side until brown. Remove chicken from the pan and put it off to the side.

3. Add a little more olive oil to the skillet. Add onion and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until soft & brown. Add the lemon peel, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon. Cook and stir for 1 minute until combined. Stir the chicken broth, lemon juice and olives. Return the chicken to the skillet. Allow the broth mixture to come to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.

4. Stir in the honey & cilantro. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.

2 comments:

anand said...

This is Nicole's ULTIMATE dish

Heart of my Home - my Kitchen said...

Dear Nicole. I tried this recipe this weekend and it was an instant smasm hit with DH and the guests. I served it with your couscous recipe and some asparagus. It was fantastic! The recipe was so easy even for a vegetarian like me to make it. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to many more such recipes.