I was soooo craving whoopie pies! Sage is on school vacation, so I figured he would LOVE to make them for me! Guess what? I was right! This is a family recipe-my mother has been making them since I was a kid and my grandmother made them for my mother! It is my absolute favorite whoopie pie recipe-ever. I've tried them everywhere, but they are just never as good as these. The filling is made with regular sugar so it's not so sweet since most are made with confectioner's sugar. They are PERFECT!
Mom's Whoopie Pies
Ingredients:
2 3/4 C Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp.Salt
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Sour Milk (I simply add 1 tsp. vinegar to the 1/2 cup milk)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in Kitchen-Aid mixer. Drop by spoonfuls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake approx. 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Filling:
Ingredients:
2/3 C Crisco
2/3 C Sugar
1 T Water
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 C Milk
Directions:
Place milk, sugar and water in bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add Crisco, Vanilla, & Salt. Beat 5-10 minutes until creamy.
1 comment:
Nicole, This was the first time we had whoopie pies and they were delicious! Thank you Sage!
Post a Comment