Monday, February 4, 2008

Crispy Chicken Balls-Don't be Scared By the Name!


Tonight I was at a loss...didn't know what to cook. I had taken some ground chicken out of the freezer, so I looked in one of my favorite cookbooks, "The Ultimate Chicken Cookbook", for inspiration. This recipe was originally called "Crispy Turkey Balls" as it was made with ground turkey, but I adapted it based on ingredients I had on hand. They were delicious-very flavorful with a unique taste. Or as my husband says :"something very different", although he loved them!

Crispy Chicken Balls

Ingredients:

Panko Bread Crumbs (Japanese Bread Crumbs)

1 Lb. Ground Chicken

2 Eggs

1/2 Cup Cilantro, Chopped

2 tsp. Cornstarch

1 tsp. Salt

1 tsp. Pepper

4 T Soy Sauce (Tamari)

2 tsp. Sugar

4 T Rice Vinegar

1 tsp. Chili Oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place all ingredients, except Cilantro, in Kitchen-Aid and mix well (or mix by hand). I added a bit of panko just to thicken the mixture up a bit. Scoop handfuls, form into balls and roll in panko bread crumbs. Then place balls on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes (depending on size of balls) until cooked through.

Enjoy!

No comments: