I had some chicken breasts to use, so looked through my "The Ultimate Chicken Cookbook" for inspiration. There was a recipe called "Chicken with Tarragon Cream" that fit the bill, but I didn't have any tarragon. Well, what spice goes good with chicken? Why Thyme, of course! So, I totally reinvented my version of the recipe now titled "Chicken with Thyme Cream". It was really, really good....until I added the thyme. It called for 1/4 cup mixed thyme and dried parsley-it was way too much. Next time, I will use maybe a couple of teaspoons and call it a day. I served this over spinach & cheese ravioli which was delicious! My poor husband couldn't stand the strong thyme flavor, so he just ate ravioli. Better luck next time!
ADDENDUM: while typing this recipe, I realized that it calls for "1/4 C Mixed FRESH thyme and flat leaf parsley". Stupid me...no wonder I thought 1/4 cup dried was too much-it was!!
Chicken with Thyme Cream
Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts
4 Green Onions, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Portabello Mushroom, diced
2/3 C White Wine
1-1/4 C Heavy Cream
1/4 C Mixed FRESH Thyme & Parsley or you could use 2 tsp. dried thyme & parsley
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil
Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and add the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes, turning the chicken until it is a golden brown color on both sides.
2. Reduce the heat and cook the chicken for 10 minutes more, turning occasionally. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the green onions and garlic to the pan and cook gently, stirring until the green onions are softened not browned.
4. Increase the heat, add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Replace the chicken, then pour in the wine. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until most of the wine is evaporated.
5. Add the cream and gently mix the ingredients together. Simmer fr 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Stir the herbs into the sauce and season to taste.
1 comment:
Nicole, this one looks scrumptous- I starred it in my reader to make another day.
Oh, and I have awarded you with an Excellent award because not only do I like you, I really enjoy all your blog entries! Congrats!
Post a Comment