Tonight, I wanted something quick & easy (and meatless) for dinner. I came upon this soup recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ and made a couple of adjustments. Then, I decided we needed something to go with it, so I went to my trusty old Betty Crocker cookbook and found a biscuit recipe that sounded fabulous. Unfortunately it called for a couple ingredients I didn't have on hand (Bisquick & shortening) so I found a different biscuit recipe and combined the two.
The soup was wonderful (and very budget-friendly)! It had just the right flavor combination. The biscuits were such a great compliment to the soup. These are recipes we will definitely have again!
Black Bean Soup
Ingredients:
2-15 oz. Cans Black Beans, drained & rinsed
2 Cups Broth (either Vegetable or Chicken)
1 Cup Chunky Salsa
1 tsp. Ground Cumin (I used cumin seeds and ground it with a mortar & pestle)
Directions:
In a blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth. Heat the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with sour cream, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
Garlic & Cheddar Biscuits
Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
1 T Sugar
3 tsp. Salt
1 Stick Butter
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Garlic Salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix ingredients (except garlic salt) in KitchenAid Mixer (or by hand). Drop spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet (I used a parchment lined sheet for easy clean-up). Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment