I found this recipe on "Amber's Delectable Delights" and thought I'd give it a try. It was great!
Ingredients:
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1.5 T. Lime Juice (I used lemon)
2 tsp. Corn Starch
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (I used Chili Powder)
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Dried Thyme (I used Italian Seasoning)
1/4 tsp. Dried Parsley
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 T Butter
Few drizzles of Olive Oil
8 ounces Pasta (I used Whole Wheat Rotini)
1-2 Cups Broccoli Florets
Directions:
Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of cook time, add the broccoli into the boiling water. Drain.
Mix together all the sauce ingredients (chicken broth through parsley) and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add bite-sized chicken pieces into the heated pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Pour the sauce ingredients into the pan with the chicken and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
Toss cooked broccoli and pasta with the chicken & sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
2 comments:
Glad that you enjoyed the dish. It looks great.
I can't wait to try this dish. It has all my favorite ingredients
Post a Comment